Re: Forms version compatibility question

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: 1998/09/24

You will have to use the 4.5 version to generate 4.5 forms - I need to develop in both versions so I have both 4.5 and 5.0 installed - they co-exist just fine and allow me the flexibility I need ( I develop the 4.5 first, then use 5 to add features that 4.5 lacks for those of my users who have 5.0 run times )

cary_at_nams.net wrote:

>Hello,
>
> We are currently developing Oracle forms with Des2k/Dev2k on NT4.0 and
>intend to target a Unix platform. We have Oracle Forms 5.0 on the NT
>machine, but the latest version of Forms on the Unix platform is 4.5. Is it
>possible to load the V5.0 forms into Forms 4.5 so that they can be
>regenerated on the Unix platform, or do I have to change my NT development
>version back to 4.5? So far, I have been unable to load my V5.0 forms into
>the Unix Forms Designer, but I am not sure if the problem is file
>incompatibility at the OS level, Forms version incompatibility, or something
>else entirely. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks.
>

>Cary

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Thu Sep 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message