Re: Dev2K, UNIX ports?

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 18:49:11 GMT

Hello,

     I have also been informed by Oracle personnel that the latest version of Developer for SCO Unix OpenServer Release 5 is 1.3.2 with Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5, etc. For SCO Unixware 7, however, up-to-date versions of the Oracle database server (8.0.4) and Dev2k (2.1) are currently available, as is a reasonably up-to-date version of the Oracle Web Application Server (3.0). Although the people at Oracle with whom I have spoken have not actually said that OpenServer 5 will not be a supported platform in the future, this was certainly the impression I got, which is too bad since the product our company sells is based on SCO OpenServer 5. Currently, we are facing the very real possibility that we might have to switch to Unixware 7 just to have current database/development products from a major player.

     As for Sun Solaris, I don't think there is any question that this OS platform will continue to be supported.