How to diff two tables?

From: Feng Huang <fhuang_at_cs.umd.edu>
Date: 1998/09/23

[Quoted] Hi, there,

[Quoted] [Quoted] This question may have been asked before, if so please bear with me.

I have two tables with identical structures. Let's call them tbl1 and tbl2. I'd like to find out what rows are common to both tables, what rows have the same key values but different for other columns, what rows only exist in tbl1, and only in tbl2?

[Quoted] My objective is to do this efficiently. The tables contains about 10,000 records each. One simple way is: for each record in tbl1, find a match in tbl2. And for each record in tbl2, find a match in tbl1. This is simple but dumb, any better ways?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

-Feng
fhuang_at_cs.umd.edu Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message