OPS$User on Client/Server, Windows95/WindowsNT.

From: AKZO NOBEL <Sjam.Gokoel_at_Akzonobel.com>
Date: 1998/09/23

Hallo,
I have a Windows95 Client and a Windows NT 4 Intel Server. On the Windows NT server I have installed an Oracle database version 7.3. On the client I have the Oracle Utilities.

I want to use OPS$ users, so I have created a OPS$ user in the database. When I start Sqlplus from the client (plus33w.exe /_at_<connectstring>) I get the following message: ORA-01017 Invalid username/password; logon denied.

I have checked all the neccessary parameters and they are all set correct, as recommended in the Oracle documents.

Question: What am I missing. Is there something with different domains (my client is on a different domain than my server). Should I map on the server.

Kind regards,
Sjam Gokoel
email: Sjam.Gokoel_at_Akzonobel.com Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message