Re: Hardcoded schema name in fmx file

From: Siphiwe Memela <siphiwe_at_cm.co.za>
Date: 23 Sep 1998 20:05:48 GMT

protasov_at_percombank.kiev.ua wrote:
: forms before run them on another schema. Is it possible
: to solve the problem without of this regeneration?

Unfortunately the only solution is an RDBMS upgrade to Oracle 7.3.4 upwards. FOrms 4.5 used to run very well for us on 7.3.3.5.1 but as soon as we moved to Forms 5 none of the forms worked...even though they worked perfectly on Oracle 8.0.4.1. On reading the Dev2k release notes(Ch16) it turned out that the only way we could get the forms to work was to Upgrade the server to 7.3.4.

I suggest u just get the baseline release 7.3.4 and stick to it. Don't bother patching it (we've had nightmares with 7.3.4.2).

Regards

--
Siphiwe Muziwenkosi Memela         <siphiwe_at_cm.co.za>
Computer Management (Pty) Ltd.   Durban, South Africa