Re: How to insert print fields in Oracle Developer 2000?

From: Steffen Stellwag <Steffen.Stellwag_at_pcm.bosch.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 16:33:13 +0200

amitchell_at_my-dejanews.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Developer 2000 running on Win95, and need to insert a print field
> (i.e. a Postscript printer command) into a report so that it is passed
> unchanged to the printer and not simply printed as text.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I am very new to the Oracle world.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Adrian Mitchell

You have to run your report in character mode 'cause only in character mode printer codes are interpreted as codes and will not be printed as strings.

-define a field in the layout

  • look at its property sheet for printer codes.
  • specif y aprinter code ex. &0815

thats all

If you are new in oracle reports a can guarantee you

             "much fun printing in character mode"

Tell me what has your printer to do ,what kind of code do you want to transfer .

Perhaps theres a way doing it in bitmap mode

regards steffen Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 16:33:13 CEST

Original text of this message