Re: Please help with INSERT question.

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 00:20:18 GMT

I created a table with the same number format for a column (16,8) and I inserted various data like you. However I got the appropiate responses. I tried this in SQL Worksheet and SQL*PLUS (just in case), and both worked out fine. 1. make sure that the column is number (16, 8) 2. second do a select on the table to see the actual format (do this in srvrmgrl so that you can narrow the problem down to server or SQL Tool).

Do those two things, and give me more detail on how you are inserting data and the version of Oracle and the version of the tool that you are using. I will help you out then.

Satar Naghshineh