Re: Running Forms 4.5 without a database?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 23 Sep 1998 00:27:35 GMT

Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl> wrote in article <6u640v$mf$1_at_pascal.a2000.nl>...
> >Is it possible to create a Forms application which does not make use of
> >database?
>
> In the on-logon trigger (Forms level) you could simply add
>
> begin
> null;
> end;
>
> However, I wonder why one would want that. If you're not using database
> tables, then use Borland's Delphi or C++ Builder... That is, if your app
is
> to run on Win platforms.

Thanks for the info.

I just need to be able to develop some packages, etc for my forms which don't need to use the database. I'm doing some of this on machines which don't have access to the relevant databases.

Andy Received on Wed Sep 23 1998 - 02:27:35 CEST

Original text of this message