Advanced SQL*Loader question

From: <ajayanand_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:22:49 GMT

[Quoted] I am trying to insert 2 records into a table using one record from the input file.

The table has fields (acct_name, val1,val2) and the input file has
(acct_code,v1a,v2a,v1b,v2b). I do a lookup for acct_name in "account_master"
table using a function in the control file and insert acct_name into the table.

Now it would insert (function(acct_code),v1a,v2a) first and then (function
(acct_code),v1b,v2b).

I have millions of records in account_master so I want to avoid the lookup 2 [Quoted] times. Since it is basically the same value for both records , Is there a way to store this value and resuse it than doing a select again ???

Thanks in advance.