Web enabled forms ( Was: Web enabling Forms 4.5)

From: Mark S. Reichman <reichmanm_at_removethis.rl.af.mil.>
Date: 22 Sep 98 13:41:42 GMT

[Quoted] I notice you are talking about web enabling forms. We are having some difficulty here and were hoping you could help. We are using Designer 1.6,Forms 4.5 on Solaris.. We will be upgrading to Forms 5.0 and Designer 2+ as soon as possible but for now this is what we have. Ok.. We are moving Forms 3.0 (VMS/Dec Alpha) to Web enabled Forms 4.5 on Solaris. The 3.0 forms convert ok and look and act fine in Designer 1.6. However when viewed through netscape on the web the text is out of alignment with the fields. In short, what you see in Designer is not what you see on the web. If we misalign the text in designer and fool around with the form/fields we can get it to look ok on the web but this is getting to be a pain. It seems as though what I see in Desinger is exactly what I should see in the web enabled form. There are other problems with vertical scroll bars not showing and focus problems also. Is 2.+ Desinger going to solve these problems? Are these problems site specific problem or does it exist elsewhere? Any suggestions of setup files to look at that will fix this? I sure would appreciate any help in this area. Thanks..

In article <36072ECC.C1BA7F51_at_deakin.edu.au>, rleigh_at_deakin.edu.au says...