Oracle 8 SQLNet and OO4O conflicts with WinSock2?

From: (wrong string) és Becerra <andres.becerra_at_unisys.com>
Date: 1998/09/21

All,

    I have been struggling with a major problem for over a week now. Our VB5 app uses Oracle Objects for OLE and creates first an Oracle Session Object, and then uses the DBOpenDatabase method of the session object to open a connection with our oracle database (7.3). This has worked great so far, but one user kept getting

"Method '~' of object '~' failed"

I couldn't figure out why until I noticed wsock32.dll in the registry dumps I was studying. I have a test machine so I installed WinSock2 on it and BOOM... I finally managed to reproduce the error.

    So, are there any known conflicts/workarounds to this problem? There may be many users with WinSock2 installed on their machine and I have to be sure OO4O works on their machines.

TIA
-Andres Becerra
Unisys Corporation
Blue Bell, PA, USA Received on Mon Sep 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message