Re: Oracle lite on CE/palm

From: Rick Lobrecht <rudedog_at_neosoft.com>
Date: 1998/09/21

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998 22:11:59 GMT, hhshen_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>Hi: I have a customer who wants to have his field agents equipped
>with palm PC to have access to the corporate relational databases
>on the server. Field agents need a simple lite weight database manager on the
>palm PC to do some query and update, and synchronize the data with
>relational database servers.
>
>The customer has heard about oracle lite on Windows CE and palm, but we do
>not have detailed information about it. Does anyone has any
>opinion/experience with it? Is it a good choice for the above customer?
>
>Thanks,
>
>h. shen

Oracle Lite is currently in Beta for CE. Its probably got a non-disclosure agreement, so you might not get a whole lot of responses. Your best bet is to check out www.oracle.com. Raima does have a shipping product, but I haven't seen much about it. (I'm waiting for the embedded version of SQL server.)

Rick Lobrecht
rudedog_at_neosoft.com Received on Mon Sep 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message