Re: Dev2000 and Personal Oracle 8

From: <theshahs_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 18:07:16 GMT

In Personal Oracle 7, if you had dev2k and PO7 running on the same machine, you did not have to provide it with a database name in the connect string. With PO8 however, you have provide it with a database name. Since dev2k does not yet talk to net*, you will have to run a sqlnet listener configured for the particular instance of PO8. Once you have this, then there should be no problem connecting to PO8.