Reportwriter 2.5 printing under unix to PCL printer

From: <Peter.McKenzie_at_health.wa.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 02:55:36 GMT

"Has anyone had any success printing Reportwriter 2.5 reports which are run in batch mode under Unix to HP Printers using PCL rather than Postscript printers.

The installation software provided us with HPD file definitions for various HP printers, including the Laserjet we are using but when we run the report it says various tfm files can not be found and the report does not run. We can print to Postscript printers OK.

The manual says that these files should be located in the TFM directory but this was not supplied with the software. It also says these files should be provided by the font vendor but no one seems to know anything about them.

Does anyone have the TFM files for HP fonts or can tell us where we can get them from?"

Richard