Dev2000 and Personal Oracle 8

From: Xuequn Xu <xux_at_cco.caltech.edu>
Date: 20 Sep 1998 18:15:57 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hi, someone may already encountered this before -

[Quoted] Developer 2000 dose not seem to work with Personal Oracle 8. Dev2k cannot connect to Personal Oracle 8 database. I installed Personal Oracle 8 from the trial CD and then Dev2k. Each of them has a different copy of SQL*PLUS. In PO8 it is SQL*PLUS 8.x.x.x, and it works well after installation; in Dev2k it is SQL*PLUS 2.x.x.x, it did not work. The error message showed that "ORA-03121: no interface driver connected, function not performed".

IN Forms Designer when I try to "connect" to the local database (by clicking on "Connect.." under "File"), the same error message appeared after entering username and password. From Dev2k documentation I saw it requires "a remote Oracle database server and SQL*NET, Personal Oracle 7 or Personal OracleLite". I am a little confused: does it HAVE TO be Personal Oracle 7? Personal Oracle 8 is no good for dev2k??

The platform is Win95.

Thank you

Rx Received on Sun Sep 20 1998 - 20:15:57 CEST

Original text of this message