Re: Calling Stored procedures from Oracle Forms 4.5

From: Rauno Seppanen <rauno.seppanen_at_icon.fi>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 18:00:32 +0300

>Hi,
>I was trying to call a packaged procedure in Oracle Forms 4.5 trigger.
>The same procedure when executed from SQL plus works fine but when I try
>to conpile it in the trigger I get
>
>qualifier "madtest" must be declared.
>
>In SQL Plus exec madtest.madtest_proc('TEST') executes fine.
>In Forms trigger - does not and gives me the above error.

Are the users same in both SqlPlus and Forms 4.5. Does this user own madtest-package?
Actually I don't know about Forms 4.5, but in 3.0 madtest could be called from a form if in generateing the form the database user owns package madtest or to it has been granted execute rights for madtest package. In Forms 3.0 the right must have been granted direct to the database user, not through a role

Hope this helps
Rauno Received on Sat Sep 19 1998 - 17:00:32 CEST

Original text of this message