Does Forms 5 always need one window to have focus?

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 13:50:49 +0200

[Quoted] Is it possible to close all child windows, and show only the customized menubar in Forms 5?

We'd like to be able to have an empty Forms 5 (Developer/2000 2.1) runtime screen, with only a customized menu. It seems, however, that Forms always needs at least one open window (or should I say canvas), to have focus. For the time being, we have a dummy window, showing only the company's logo. It bothers me, but I could live with it. But when other windows (say 3 more) are being opened, and one is closed again (say the one that has been opened last), focus is given to this dummy window again, although others (the 2 other windows) have been opened more recently than that dummy window...

Thanks,
Arjan. Received on Sat Sep 19 1998 - 13:50:49 CEST

Original text of this message