Re: Rollback segments

From: Kevin Kirkpatrick <kjk_at_hrb.com>
Date: 1998/09/18

I think I found a way around it. I went in and created another datafile for my table space. I then created a rollback segment for the tablespace that was slightly smaller than the datafile. Next I did a SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT ........ and then executed my UPDATE. It is taking forever but that is a good sign! aghhh!! YES!!! it just finished. all half million rows were updated. I guess this proves that it work. This is my first time running into this particular problem. Thanks anyways... I normally post on here when I run into problems, because I am not sure how long it will take to solve them myself, but almost everytime I am able to solve it within 15 minutes or so...