Defragmentation

From: Robert Jungerius <rjungerius_at_death-to-spam.cetecint.com>
Date: 1998/09/18

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hello, I'm a Oracle DBA working with Oracle 7.3.4 on the NT4 platform. [Quoted] The only way of defragmentation I know of is to export, drop user, create user and import.
This is impossible with databases of 10Gb or more, because the downtime is unacceptable and the
[Quoted] [Quoted] diskspace needed for this operation is outrageous! I'm having serious problems keeping the databases of all customers running smoothly!

[Quoted] [Quoted] How do you defragment a very large database? And does anybody have some tips concerning performance tuning?

Thanx in advance.

Robert Jungerius,
[Quoted] DBA, Software Engineer _at_ CETEC BV
rjungerius_at_yahoo.com Received on Fri Sep 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message