Re: Rollback segment errors

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 17:12:14 GMT

Without knowing your database, I can offer you only three major things to try. First one (try first): Assuming this is a huge import... when you use imp, use the option COMMIT=Y. for example:
imp system/manager commit=y

Second One: Set the parameter UNLIMITED_ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS = TRUE in your init<sid>.ora file. Then alter your rollback segments to have a greater max extent: ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT "R01" STORAGE ( MAXEXTENTS 256 );

Third Thing: If all else fails...create bigger rollback segments. If you have the room, why the hell not?

Good Luck,
Satar Naghshineh