Forms 4.5 question #2

From: Lisa F. Miller <luv_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 08:37:00 -0400

Is there any way to tell what the last selected option was from a menu?

For example, I have this menu:

    'View Only'                 'Update'

'Create New'
'View Widget' 'Update Widget'
'Create Widget'
For each of these I invoke a form, call it FormA. Based on which which menu option is pressed, I process the form differently (setup the form as query-only, updatable, insertable...). In the documentation, I found reference to a built-in substitution parameter SO - selected option, but have been unable to use it. Based on my previous post about substitution parameters, it appears they are no longer supported in my version of forms. Does anyone know if there is some other way to determine this same information?

I would prefer not to use Globals due to some past problems we have had. I have tried passing info in a parameter, but we are having problems maintaining the existance of the parameter list from the menu under certain conditions (may have to investigate this further?). Has anyone out there tried to do something similar?

Thanks,
Lisa Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 14:37:00 CEST

Original text of this message