how to email from a forms server form?

From: Richard Styles <rstyles_at_acs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:35:05 +0800

Hi

I have seen the support notes on emailing from a developer form using ole and exchange but how can you do this without exchange and in particular from a form being run by forms server (2.1)? Some possibilities which I haven't tried but which come to mind:

  • use show_document to call a cgi script to do the emailing
  • use a trigger in the database which calls an NT command-line mailer like Blat (using an smtp server on another machine)
  • as above but call from the form (which is actually running on the NT server...)

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who is doing anything like this.

Richard Styles Received on Thu Sep 17 1998 - 06:35:05 CEST

Original text of this message