Re: OCI slower the proc program

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:05:52 GMT

[Quoted] A copy of this was sent to Brian Weedman <brianw_at_xnet.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On 16 Sep 1998 15:31:02 GMT, you wrote:

> I have a proC program and the same thing using OCI. the Proc version is
> quit a bit faster then the OCI version. Both are fetching a 100 rows at a time.
> I have them working the same exept that the oci version takes alot longer.
>
> I thought OCI was suppose to be faster than Proc?

no its not necessarily faster but it shouldn't be necessarily slower. OCI and Pro*c can run at comparable speeds.

Have you turned on sql_trace in the application and used tkprof to see what the 2 programs are doing and where the performance difference is?

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

--
http://govt.us.oracle.com/    -- downloadable utilities

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you,
you have to make it easy to get email to you.  Any bounced
email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it.