perl/win32:ODBC/Oracle performance problem

From: Dirk Rottmar <rottmar_at_deutschland.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 10:41:57 +0200

Hi,

I just developed a perl-cgi script which runs under NT 4.0 and connects to an Oracle 8.0 DB-Server (on the same machine) via ODBC (oracle driver) and win32:ODBC.

My problem is, that my queries are incredibly slow, that means, that there are about 4000 datasets in a table. I do a SELECT which should return about 50 rows and it takes about 5 minutes to get the results :-(

Do I realy have to use ASP to get my queries done? PLEASE HELP.

Dirk Received on Wed Sep 16 1998 - 10:41:57 CEST

Original text of this message