Re: Can an Oracle Form be Dynamically built/re-arranged at Runtime?

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey.dulcian_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 16 Sep 1998 02:25:11 GMT

Sure, we did it. Dan is right that you can't create a field at runtime but you can assign it at runtime. We did this in 4.5. We built enough fields to accommodate all circumstances (we have check boxes, pop lists, text fields, ...). The form builds a view on the fly and then connects to it. We use it to support maintenance to all reference tables with 0 development. (It out "cases" Designer).

Probably a better solution to your problem would be to model it generically. Then you wouldn't need to even do anything interesting with your forms.

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.