Re: how can I drop a column from a table??? Hurry up, please

From: Vinay Joshi <vjoshi_at_pinnacle.co.uk>
Date: 1998/09/15

You cant drop a column from a table.
If your table has less rows than you can create another table by using
create table <newtable> as
select column1, column2,..... columnx from origtable;

NOTE: in the above create as select ... dont include the column you want dropped.
Once all the rows have been copied across in the newtable you drop the oldtable and
recreate the oldtable with the new layout. Now you can simply copy all the rows back from the newtable like insert into oldtable
select * from newtable;

Now drop the newtable;
Job done.

Hope this is of some use...