Re: Very long report loading

From: <jal_at_esc188.expansion.com>
Date: 1998/09/15

I have run accross the same thing.

It is like Danil says in #1. If there is code SQL selects for the parameter screen or any select in the first report that is triggered, Reports will try to preprocess it and this takes a tremendous amount of time. I have noticed the 2nd time it is run it will be faster but not by much.

If you can, try moving those selects which access the database that are in the BeforeParm trigger, or procedure which are called here which make SQL calls, to another trigger.

I have heard that the Report Server can be moved Server Side and this may improve performance, but I have not tried it yet.

Piece or trivia: I have noticed that my same reports that take a long time to come up to the Parameter form take half as much on NT. Go figure!

Hope this helps.

Jason Ladew