Forms 5.0 - Auto query on new form

From: Russ Lister <nospam_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 02:18:24 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted]     I have a form that passes a primary key to a second form via a [Quoted] default parameter list. The second form is called with a NEW_FORM and tracing shows that the parameter is passing.

    In a WHEN_NEW_FORM_INSTANCE trigger, I set the primary key value from the parameter list into the parent block item for the key and then execute the EXECUTE_QUERY command to get the parent record and have the child blocks auto-fill with the correct details.

    Problem: The form is set to NEW status when I set the primary key value in the form (it asks if I want to save changes), then it clears the block (or whole form) and executes a full (null criteria) query.

    What is the trigger I should use to set block items so as not to have the form think I'm creating a new record? Or, how can I get the form to auto-query with criteria I pass to it?

Russ

--
email to rlister{at}erols{dot}com