OS authentication and Data Browser

From: Tony Brown <tb_at_arete.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:39:34 +0100

We are running data browser on NT and are having problems calling it from Forms 4.5.

We are logged on as an ops$ user and whenwe try and get the username / password using get_application_details we get a set of nulls. If we try and start browser just passing a '/' then it fails with an error code of 15387 login fail and then 1017 invalid username.

It then shows the connect window. Sometimes we can just use / in the username and it works, mostly not and you have to supply a full username.

Can anyone help to identify what we have to do to allow the browser to be called from forms without having a new login prompt when they are ops$ users.

Thanks in advance

BTW could you please respond by email to jw_at_arete.demon.co.uk Thanks

Tony Brown
Tony Brown
Arete Software Limited
Tel : +44 (0) 1344 867706
Fax : +44 (0) 1344 867714
Email : tb_at_arete.demon.co.uk Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 18:39:34 CEST

Original text of this message