Des/Dev/2000 Menu Problem: FRM-10247

From: Hans van Mourik <mourik_at_rulh07.LeidenUniv.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 13:45:59 +0200

I've encountered two problems creating Menus. Maybe the two are related.

  • Building a menu from Dev/2000: ==

(The menu was generated from Des/2000). The menu looks allright: menu1.mmx has a:
- Menu's

    MENU1

  • Items FOO (Menu type= Plain; Cmd Type= Menu; Cmd Text= FOO) BAR (Menu type= Plain; Cmd Type= Menu; Cmd Text= FOO) FOO
  • Items MOD0010 (Menu type= Plain; Cmd Type= PL/SQL; Cmd Text= CALL_FORM('MOD0010', HIDE, DO_REPLACE); etc. etc.

When I attach this menu to a Form and rebuild it, I get: when Menu module= C:\data\fmb\menu1.mmx /* the complete path */:

FRM-10247: No active items in root menu of application FRM-41810: Error creating menu

The documentation on FRM-10247 says more or less the same:

<quote> You tried to open an application but it's root menu has no items that you can access. [..etc..]</quote>

  • I can't figure it out. Do I miss something here? ==

This _might_ or _might not_ be related to another problem we've encountered:

  • Generating a menu from Des/2000: ==

Both my login and another user's login have all rights over an Des/2000 App (Sel, Ins, Upd, Del, Shar, Adm). Only when I try to generate a menu from the module hierarchy, the PC lock's up, generating no error-messages whatsoever. It just keeps running an endless process without effect. This is not a matter of Des/2000 installation, because it happens under my Oracle-login on every PC, whereas under the other user's login we can generate the menu from the same hierarchy with no problems at all. (This looks like something for the DBA; probably a missing reference-table or something; but he hasn't found anything particular yet).

Thanks a lot,

.
".
."
".
 "Hans

Hans van Mourik Received on Mon Sep 14 1998 - 13:45:59 CEST

Original text of this message