Oracle 8 and Changing Passwords

From: Louise Weiler <johnsl2_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 15:19:03 -0400

We have just rolled out an application under Oracle 8.0.4. Since this is a WAN application, all userid's and passwords were issued with the "password expire" option. All users have access to SQL*Plus 8, so (for now) they are using the password option of SQL*Plus 8 to change passwords, logging on to SQL*Plus prior to logging on to our application for the first time.

HOWEVER, we have been told that we need something within Oracle Forms or Reports that can be used to change a user's password. Has anyone written anything like that, or does anyone have any ideas on how to write this?

Thanks!

Louise Received on Sun Sep 13 1998 - 21:19:03 CEST

Original text of this message