Oraxcel: Oracle to Excel tool - New features added

From: <gjlinker_at_geocities.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 16:34:52 GMT

I want to announce new features I added to the Oraxcel tool.

For those who are new to Oraxcel:
Oraxcel is an addin for Excel which allows you to use Excel as a front-end to Oracle. It comes about as a new menu item in Excel. Have a look at the Oraxcel site for more information:

http://members.aol.com/gjlinker/projects/oraxcel

New features:
o Connect to Oracle from an Excel Script

     Using the new OraConnect function you can connect to Oracle from VBA. o Assign the result of a query to an Excel cell.

     Using the new OraGetColumnValue function you can assign a cell in Excel
     to a value in Oracle. See preview on the Oraxcel homepage for details.
o Execute any sql or plsql from an Excel script
     Using the new OraExecute function you can submit any sql or plsql.

For all new features I've added an animated gif to show you how it works.

Kind regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker