Re: FRM-30162 : Inconsistent relationship between window "W_MAIN" ....

From: Brian Yan <by2_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 12:25:56 -0700

À̱â¼÷ wrote:

> After I migrated Forms from 4.5 to 5.0, I got an error message at runtime.
> error message-> FRM-30162 : Inconsistent relationship between window
> "W_MAIN" and
> its horizontal toolbar.
> we didn't use windows horizontal toolbar.
> NOTE : "W_MAIN" is windows name.
>
> Please help me.....
There are two ways to fix this:
The first one is to use the inherit button at the top of object navigator. Go to the W_MAIN property palett, horizontal tollbar, check if the inherit button is red? If yes, click it. And see if the inherit button change to gray. If yes, then regenerate, should get rid of this error message.

The other way is called "drag and drop". If 'W_MAIN' is a referenced object in the object group. First make sure the referenced form does not have this error message. Then open the referenced frm and your working form in the same form builder. Drop the referenced object in your working form, and drag and subclass(or copy) the referenced object from referenced form to your working form.

I had this problem before and the second method works fine for me. You can call Oracle support, they already have the solution to this.

Make sure you have a back up copy before doing the above. Good Luck!

Bin Yan
System Analyst
ISL Received on Sat Sep 12 1998 - 21:25:56 CEST

Original text of this message