Re: How a user can execute stored procedure of some other user.

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 11 Sep 1998 10:45:26 GMT

>Irfan Lodhi wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jurij,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> I have used this like
>> USER_1.PROCEDURE_NAME
>> but it could not execute. What ideally it should be, I mean should we
>> make
>> synonyms for such procedures?
>try to grant the execute right to the user that executes the proc'.
>btw: In my experience, Oracle generally tends to treat objects that you
>may not access similair to objects that do not exist.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Irfan

Also, be sure the arguements in the call are identical (in data type) to those in the definition. Oracle support overloading, so if your call's datatype are different from those in the procedure's definition, Oracle will look for a 'different' function, which of course does not exist. Make use of the to_number or to_char as needed.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Fri Sep 11 1998 - 12:45:26 CEST

Original text of this message