Re: r45run doesnt sort correctly

From: <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 02:26:40 GMT

In article <35F7C0BF.A02DD4E6_at_hotmail.com>,   andy_steffen_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Im using Report Designer 45 and generate a rdf-File whitch is running
> under r45run ... well, I select the data with the following statement:
>
> select "colum1, colum2, colum3" from "table" order by "colum1"
>
> and at first the order wascorrect. now after a few weeks the order ist
> somehow corrupted. When I use the SQL-Plus environment with the same
> statement (I even copied it into there) I get the right order of the
> rows.

Have you switched to a different server? If so, then that may be the problem, because different servers have different sort sequences. For example, I develop on both and IBM mainframe, as well as HP Unix. But the IBM uses the EBCDIC character set where numbers sort last, but on the Unix side using the ASCII character set, numbers are less than alpha characters.

And that also brings another point to mind: does your "colum1" contain both upper and lower case data? If so, then you should order by UPPER(COLUM1).

Steve Cosner