Re: Question about certification of ORACLE DBA

From: Dyou98 <dyou98_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/09/10

Your Oracle7.3 certificate will always be valid, meaning you can always say you have that certificate. Employers may or may not care about Oracle7.3 certificate, or any Oracle certificates.

Once you pass Oracle7.3 exams, you can take an upgrade exam called "Oracle8 New Features" to get the Oracle8 certificate. But I think you need to take the upgrade exam when the Oracle7.3 program still exists (likely for another year), after which you will need to pass five Oracle8 exams to get the O8 certificate.