Re: PERSONAL ORACLE 8 and DEVELOPER 2000 V2.1

From: Jon T. Day <jday_at_msmailgw.sdsmt.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 13:26:06 -0600

Darren Capper wrote:

> Okay Oracle professionals this is my story so far.....
>
> Personal Oracle 8 with D2K v2.1 just didn't want to connect, Plus 8
> connected
> okay but developer just couldn't manage it.
>
> I created a TAR (Technical Assistance Request) with Oracle support and after
> a while they gave me a solution....D2K uses SQL*Net v2 therefore you need
> all
> your ora files in the <ORACLE_HOME>/network/admin directory.
>
> Okay I tried this and my original 3121 error disappeared :) Unfortunately I
> got another error, one just as infruiating!!

I just ripped opened the stretch wrap on 2.1 (for Win95) today and installed it. I was
disappointed to find I had to have "ora-installed" both SQLNet v2 and Net8 at the
same time to make use of Net8 with SQLPlus and v2 for the Developer 2k tools. Do you
have any idea why D2K still needs v2, and can't use Net8. Why hasn't Oracle coded
2k to use Net8, are the tools just behind or is there a version later than D2K 2.1 that
uses Net 8? Anybody have a clue?

Jon T. Day Received on Thu Sep 10 1998 - 21:26:06 CEST

Original text of this message