Re: UTL_FILE.FOPEN problem..

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: 1998/09/09

>When I use UTL_FILE.fopen.. I got an exception error
>invalide_opration..

[Quoted] Most likely, you did not specify utl_file_dir in init.ora. For each directory add a line like below. Each sub directory should be given explicitly:

    utl_file_dir = /temp
    utl_file_dir = /temp/spool

Or, to allow access to all directories, just add one line:

    utl_file_dir = *

Also note that the directories should reside on the server! You can not write to the client. If you have this and still get the error, check the file permissions. User oracle needs access to the specified directories, not the end-user.

>Do I have to put a '\' at the en of the directory name (first parameter)..?

No.

> v_fichier := UTL_FILE.FOPEN(v_nom_repertoire , v_nom_fichier, 'w');

[Quoted] I hope you gave v_nom_repertoire and v_nom_fichier some value?

Arjan. Received on Wed Sep 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message