Help!! Can I use DBMS_SQL package from Forms 4.5?

From: <nimeshs_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: 1998/09/09

Hi!,

[Quoted] I work on Oracle 8.0 server on Unix and Forms 4.5 on Win 95. Can I use DBMS_SQL package from Forms 4.5 or can DBMS_SQL be used only in a backend procedure?

Requirement: I have to construct a query during run time. The field names to be selected and the where condition are specified by the user at run time. The where condition may also contain IN conditions eg: state in ('Alaska','Texas') etc. I need to fetch the data from Oracle 8.0 based on this condition and write the retrieved records onto a text file. Can you suggest me a method to do this. Thanks in advance.

Nim.