Re: Forms 5.0: Parameters for RUN_PRODUCT

From: <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 21:02:49 GMT

[Quoted] In article <6t48ip$k6v$1_at_nntp.gulfsouth.verio.net>,   "Todd Owers" <toddo_at_gcr1.com> wrote:
> I am bringing into Forms 5.0.6.8.0 a form that was originally developed in
> Forms 4.5.7.1.6. I have a When-Button-Pressed trigger that calls a report
> using the RUN_PRODUCT built-in. Because this particular report does not use
> a parameter list, I set the appropriate parameter to NULL as follows:
>
> RUN_PRODUCT (REPORTS, 'my_report.rdf', SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM,
> NULL);
>
> This code compiled successfully in Forms 4.5; however in 5.0 I get PL/SQL
> Error 307, 'Too many declarations of RUN_PRODUCT match this call.'
>
> What is going on here? Thanks in advance for the help.

[Quoted] I don't use 5.0 much, but checking the Forms 5.0 on-line help for Run_Product, I see you are short one parameter, and the NULL as your last parameter can satisfy both numeric and text parameters. Based on problems I [Quoted] have had with that error, I would try defining a local variable for each of the last two parameters: Paramlist_id Varchar2, Display Varchar2, and use them rather than the NULL that you are using. Then make your call:

   RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS,'my_report.rdf',SYNCHRONOUS,RUNTIME,FILESYSTEM,

       Paramlist_id, Display);

See if that doesn't help. You might even get it to work without the last parameter.

HTH,
Steve Cosner