Anyone using SQLMENU50 on Oracle 8?

From: Siphiwe Memela <siphiwe_at_cm.co.za>
Date: 1998/09/08

Hi all

I'm having problems setting up Menu50 on an Oracle 8.0.4 database. We have a database running Oracle 7.3.4 and Sql Menu runs well ther but not on the Oracle 8 database. I always get the error "Not authorised to run any application" whenever I try to run applications via runmenu50 . This is supposed to disappear when I grant permision to the user via sqlmenu50 on the application that I want to run. It seems like the roles are not being recognised on the oracle 8 database. Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Thank you.

--
Siphiwe Muziwenkosi Memela         <siphiwe_at_cm.co.za>
Computer Management (Pty) Ltd.   Durban, South Africa

C:\COFFEE.POT missing: (A)bort (R)etry (F)all asleep?