Re: Oracle Web Application Server v3

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <ellebaek-consulting_at_post3.tele.dk>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 19:37:11 +0100

Remember to specify the exact same server name in the URL as you did when you installed OWAS, all domain names should be included.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Finn

Martin Brown wrote:

> I have installed Web Application Server v3.0.1 on Windows NT v4 (SP 3). It
> appears
> to work fine when using the default Internet Explorer v2 on the server and
> the web
> listerners on ports 80 and 8888 work.
>
> However, when I use another web browser (e.g. Netscape 3 or IE 3) I get the
> following message:
>
> The request did not specify a valid virtual host.
>
> If I change the listener to Microsoft Internet Server, these browsers work
> OK so the problem
> must be with the Oracle Listerners/NT configuration.
>
> Oracle support did not seem to know how to resolve it but it must be a
> common problem - we
> have not done anything very exciting.
>
> If anyone can help me with this one I would be really grateful as I have
> already wasted 3 days
> on the problem and cannot facing installing web server for the nth time !!
>
> Cheers - Martin Brown

 Ellebaek Consulting ApS         Finn Ellebaek Nielsen
 Niels Ebbesens Vej 9, 3. th.    Managing Director, Senior Consultant
 DK-1911  Frederiksberg C        ellebaek-consulting_at_post3.tele.dk
 Denmark                         +45 20 32 49 25
                  "Where do you want to GPF today?"