Oracle Reports r25convm: Conversion cancelled

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 18:00:34 +0200

Hi all,

I am trying to run a 3.0 report (developed on Developer/2000 2.1 for NT) using the 2.5 runtime (on Sun Solaris). On MetaLink I found that I could convert the 3.0 rdf file to a 3.0 rex file. Next, on the 2.5 environment, I could convert the rex to a rdf file, possibly loosing some functionality. For testing, the report only does a select table_name, owner from all_tables.

All r25convm gives me is 'Conversion cancelled'. Any ideas?

[Quoted] Hmmm, at this very moment I wonder if some fancy layout (possibly added by the Reports wizzard) might be the problem. I suddenly recall seeing some company logo picture in the wizzard, which it might try to add to the report. I am sorry, but I am at home now, and I can not access the systems. Excuse me for asking anyway, for one never knows...

By head, I used:

    r25convm userid=my_name/my_password stype=REXFILE source=my_test.rex \

      dtype=RDFFILE dest=my_test.rdf dunit=CHARACTER batch=YES \
      log=my_test.log

The strange thing is that r25convm asks for the username anyway. If I enter a wrong username/password, it simply prompts me for a new try. But if I re-enter my_name/my_password, it seems to accept it and I get the 'Conversion cancelled' message. So, I presume the username is not the problem. The directory and file permissions are fine as well.

Any other hint of how to use 3.0 reports on 2.5 runtime would be appreciated as well!

Thanks a lot,
Arjan. Received on Tue Sep 08 1998 - 18:00:34 CEST

Original text of this message