Re: Question about Canvas and Module

From: Mark Bullen <mbullen_at_voyager.net>
Date: 1998/09/07

Jfield817 wrote:

> Why the fragmentation into objects Module, Window and Canvas ?
> I'm not sure I understand the difference between these objects
> and why the differentiation
>
> If anyone has an explanation I would appreciate it.
>
> Thank you
> john field

Greetings,

The reason that I can think of is that these things are hierarchically related. For instance, a typical forms application consists of a module. That module can have multiple windows. Each window can have multiple canvases -- the most common case being stacked canvases.

Another way to look at it is that this methodology loosely follows basic object parent-child relationship concepts. A parent module can have one or more child windows, each of which can be a parent object to one or more child canvases.

In short, if they weren't split up this way, you couldn't achieve this flexibility.

--
mbullen_at_voyager.net
Illegitami non carborundum