Basic Developer2000 question.

From: Brad Pollard <bpollard_at_oleran.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 11:09:41 -0400

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am VERY new to PL/SQL and oracle tools. And have a very basic question. (I have my fire retardant suit on preparing for the flames.)

I am constructing my first form with Developer2000 and am missing some fundamental concepts with the WHEN_BUTTON_PRESSED smart trigger. (as well as [Quoted] some other fundamental concepts)

Here's my test form.
table - people
columns - name, address, zip, phone.

my form has 4 text item inputs for each of the above fields and an 'ADD NEW USER' button.

If i try to create a smart trigger for the button with the PL/SQL editor as such:

v_name         people.name%TYPE;
v_address     people.address%TYPE;
v_zip              people.zip%TYPE;
v_phone        peopel.phone%TYPE;

BEGIN
insert into people (name, address, zip, phone) values (v_name, v_address, v_zip, v_phone); END; I get all kinds of compile errors. (Because i have no clue what i am doing).

Any help would be awesome. Even if you can point me in the direction of a good book that is fine. RTFM is cool, as long as you tell me where i can find the FM.

thanks in advance.

bp

bradp_at_slush.org Received on Mon Sep 07 1998 - 17:09:41 CEST

Original text of this message