Re: Sql*Loader multiple tables

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_ictgroup.com>
Date: 1998/09/04

Hi Tom,

    Sorry my finger slipped and the #$%^&*_at_ program mailed the message before I finished it. Hopefully this time I will make it through to the end.

    Okay, you have two problems:

  2. Preventing some batch processes from accessing the tables prematurely

    The second problem can be handled by having the table owned by a userid other than the one(s) used for the batch processes. Build a operating system shell script that does the following:

  1. execute a SQL*Plus script to revoke privileges on the table(s)
  2. run the SQL*Loader
  3. execute a SQL*Plus script to grant privileges on the table(s)

regards

Jerry