Re: Getting UNIX ENV var

From: Raymond Allo <idefix_at_sydney.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 11:30:27 +1000

I don't think there is an easy way.
The easiest is to use the utl_file package to read server-side files. I don't know what the context is but if you have a batch job (shell script) which logs on to Oracle and executes a bunch of procedures, you could of course first write (echo) the environment variables to a file in a directory,let the procedure read the file etc. Easier would be to shell script and pass the ENV variables as parameters. But again I don't know the you context. If it is client/server and you execute a server side procedure, there is technically no unix user session environment.

Raymond