Re: ? - Get MSAccess to make Prim. Key AutoNumber (connected to Oracle)

From: (wrong string) üngling <Juengling_at_gmx.de>
Date: 1998/09/03

On 31 Aug 1998 20:25:07 GMT, "RG" <Z.Grow_at_mci2000.com> wrote:

>I have an Access database which, using ODBC/SQLNet, is connected to an
>Oracle database. I want Access to interpret the primary key field of
 the
>Oracle table as an "AutoNumer" type. Any ideas on how to do this?

No, sorry. I guess it would be a better idea to create an Oracle Trigger "before insert" for that table, which obtains a new counter value from an Oracle Sequence and puts it into the primary key field.

This will take the same effect on the table when inserting new records as Access' AutoNumber field type would do, but with no matter from where the records come.

HTH
        Chris

--
   "What color would you like your database?"
   "I think mauve has the most RAM."