Forms 4.5 scrollbar

From: Kim Simons <kim.simons_at_lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 14:35:17 -0400

[Quoted] I am using Oracle Forms 4.5. The form I have looks more like a spreadsheet that reads every row out of the database and displays them in the form with a scrollbar and it has to do this periodically. The problem that I have is in getting the scrollbar tab to reflect the correct size of the database. There are many records ( possibly 650,000) and I don't have the time to fetch all of the records every period, but if I don't fetch all of the records, the scrollbar tab size does not reflect on the number of records that match the select statement. When the operator scrolls down, the size of the scrollbar tab changes (it gets smaller every time you scroll down). Is there any way I can "trick" the scrollbar without having to fetch all the records?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim Simons
kim.simons_at_lmco.com Received on Thu Sep 03 1998 - 20:35:17 CEST

Original text of this message