Re: help on query

From: Jean-Philippe Squelbut <squelbut_at_csi.com>
Date: 1998/09/02

You 'll have to fix the max of children you can get. For exemple : 5

select name, a.text_val
  from contacts, segment a
where id=a.id
union
  select name, a.text_val, b.text_val
  from contacts, segment a, segment b
where id=a.id
  and id=b.id
  and id=c.id
union
select name, a.text_val, b.text_val, c.text_val   from contacts, segment a, segment b, segment c where id=a.id
  and id=b.id
  and id=c.id
union
select name, a.text_val, b.text_val, c.text_val, d.text_val   from contacts, segment a, segment b, segment c, segment d where id=a.id

  and  id=b.id
  and  id=c.id
  and  id=d.id

union
select name, a.text_val, b.text_val, c.text_val, d.text_val, e.text_val   from contacts, segment a, segment b, segment c, segment d, segment e where id=a.id
  and  id=b.id
  and  id=c.id
  and  id=d.id
  and  id=e.id;